Serindipitous Lesson of Acceptance



It has been two years into college and in an attempt to fathom my very own personality, there is one precious lesson that I have figured out –the lesson of acceptance. I stepped in as a judgmental being but as time crawled and paced, my conscience was positively influenced by experiences.

There was one boy in the college who embarrassed me by confessing his heart out ridiculously and publicly during the very first days itself. I was not particularly irritated by the way my friends laughed at me for that incident but I certainly did rank him as an absolute non-sense person. His blind loose talks always infuriated my senses and often I struggled to maintain any amount of equanimity. This year,on one easy day in the campus, he appeared from nowhere, into my group, with his exasperating style of blague and I was annoyed. But when each of my friends left for their lunch, this boy started speaking sense and infact he came up with eye-opening statements itself! After a long hour’s conversation he made me realize that his much reputed babbles were all just a veil to hide and treasure his personal observations and inferences. That very moment prompted me to look upto him as an individual by quietening my prejudiced mind and I ended up with respectful remarks. (I hope, he would pardon me for misjudging his aura.)

But not so long after this incident, he left the college.But before leaving,he did  sprinkle some amount of goodness which I could never return and it was more than enough to make me believe in
my dreams.


That unexpected evening when I came to know that he was leaving the college, I felt like a defeated person. Though we are not even friends till today, I really do wish that I could have undone my mistake long before itself. Sprouting into an individual is a privileged process shaded with personal gains and losses. He is a valuable gain and a difficult loss as well because he has so effortlessly taught me that sense is not always in being sensible externally, he made me believe that an individual’s real worth is in his soul and never upon his fleshy outer self. For me, that boy was a whole big wordless lesson of acceptance.

Vittal, you are really much more than all those textual chapters offered by the college.

 Thank you for leaving without any sophisticatedly crafted hard adieu. There is a miraculous peace in connecting through these fragmented brief moments even when strangeness remains as always. 

Wherever you are, always stay meaningful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Until Next Time

The Melancholic Bond and an Insufficient Daughter

Diary entry - 28/1/2019